On Page SEO Ensures Your Site Adheres to Best Practices
When it comes to improving your search rankings, a company must first ensure that their website itself is properly optimized with on page SEO. Conversion Metrics develops a strategy, based on a technical SEO audit, that will conform your website to Google best practices. When your website ranks higher, more traffic is driven to it, and more potential customers become aware of your company. This process starts with effective on page SEO.
What is on page SEO and how can it help my rankings?
On page SEO boosts your organic SEO reach by crafting your website in a way that makes search engines easily understand what your business does, what industry you belong to, and who you serve through the use of key search terms. When website content, page titles, and subheadings are properly optimized with these key terms, the site will rank higher in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other top search engines. In addition to on site text, the load speed, links, images, and structural components can help or hurt search rankings.
How does content marketing affect optimization?
Optimization requires that key search terms be present on your website. Content marketing provides a vehicle to consistently and naturally increase the number of search terms on your site. Your blog posts and other content marketing efforts provide your target audience with relevant information, within which properly linked search terms can be embedded.
How can over-optimization affect your website?
Because Google is committed to ensuring that users are driven to websites that are high quality and relevant to their search, algorithm changes and new penalties are continually introduced to prevent sites from taking advantage of optimization. An experienced SEO professional understands these algorithms and can avoid taking SEO efforts to the point that they work against a site’s ability to rank.
Common on page SEO issues
Conversion Metrics is experienced in modifying website content to hit the SEO “sweet spot” so that just the right amount of optimization achieves the result of improving rankings without suffering penalties. Common on page SEO issues exist with the following webpage components:
- Title Tags. One of the strongest determinants of your site’s ranking, title tags should be present on all pages of your site and should include unique, relevant text with key search terms incorporated.
- Meta Descriptions. Clear, relevant meta descriptions of appropriate length can improve your site’s click through rate (CTR).
- H Tags. Your site’s headings should be topically aligned with page titles. They should be unique text that includes your key search terms.
- Image Alt Attributes. Image descriptions are another opportunity to incorporate search terms into your on-page SEO. Duplicate or missing alt attributes can hurt search rankings.
Website structure issues
We also look to flaws inherent in the website’s structure that can be improved to foster better optimization. Common website structure considerations we address include, but are not limited to:
- URL Structure. When the text of a URL is easier to understand, it is more likely to be clicked on, and better for rankings.
- Parent Pages. Also known as landing pages, parent pages serve as an index and make the user’s experience of navigating and accessing the child pages easier.
- Child Pages. These more in-depth subpages should relate back as subtopics to the parent page.
- Categories and Tags. Used to organize your site topically and improve ease of navigation for site visitors, categories and tags are another structural aspect of your website that should be optimized.
On page and off page SEO
Opportunities to optimize your web presence do not end with your web page itself. By increasing favorable mentions of your brand on external sites, through link building and other techniques, your search rankings can increase. These off page SEO efforts are as important as on page SEO.