NJ's Best Local SEO Company
For businesses of all sizes, the ability to grow and thrive is dependent on their local online presence. When a potential customer or client searches for a product or service, their search usually begins with Google. Typically, the customer will only look through the first or, in rare cases, second page of search results.
Regardless of your skill, experience, and reputation, where your business falls in local search engine rankings can mean the difference in whether potential customers find out about you or not. Search engines are acutely aware of this fact, and they create extensive rules, known as algorithms, to dictate which websites earn those coveted top rankings. Creating an online presence that gets your business traffic requires extensive time, skill, and expertise in local search engine optimization (SEO).
Are You Frustrated Because Your Business Does Not Rank In Google's Local Search Results?
If you own a business, you know firsthand how hard it can be to rank for keywords surrounding your businesses products and/or services in Google's search results.
Google serves up two main local search results:
The Local Pack – A set of three local business listings, (which if present) are served before local organic search results. The Google Local Pack is also shown in Google Maps.
Local Organic Search Results – Google displays local organic links, which are relevant to the local search. Most pages that rank include Geo specific information in their content and optimization.
Local organic SEO vs local SEO
The purpose of search engine algorithms is to ensure that users are directed toward useful, high-quality information. For any business with a website, this is done through local organic SEO, which involves altering your website content to improve search engine rankings with a Geo (city modifier). Local SEO focuses on companies and businesses with brick and mortar facilities and ensuring Geo location of both the business address and the current location of the searcher, via desktop and mobile phone.
Mobile search result listings can change based upon:
- Desktop search connected to wifi
- Desktop search not connected to wifi
- Mobile phone connected to wifi
- Mobile phone not connected to wifi
- Searcher and mobile phone location has changed
Read our post: Understanding the Difference Between Organic and Local SEO
Local SEO Agency Improving Local Search Rankings
According to BIA/Kelsey, 97% of consumers use online media to shop locally. While at home, in the office, or on the street, consumers are increasingly relying on local search results, usually through Google Maps, to choose businesses in almost every industry. It is essential that your online business listings are accurate and optimized. Conversion Metrics recommends a comprehensive local SEO audit to determine what exactly is getting in the way of your site ranking in Google’s local search results, Google Maps and how to remedy those issues.
Optimization of Google My Business, Google Maps and Google's local organic results.
New Jersey SEO Services
- Local SEO – Search engines are increasingly using global positioning to influence search results, even when the searcher has not included a location in their search term. This means it is more important than ever for business websites and profiles, such as Google My Business, to have up-to-date address and phone number listings. Local optimization can help business owners to rank locally in Google for their niche.
- On Page SEO – The topics, headings, descriptions and other components of your website are an integral piece of the puzzle when it comes to search rankings. We capitalize on the synergistic effect of properly optimized blog and web page content.
- Content Marketing – This involves engaging existing and potential customers with on- and off-site blogs, podcasts, social media, and other content. Not only does content marketing drive traffic to your site, it also positions your business as a resource and authority on issues relevant to your target audience.
- Link Building – When reputable websites link back to your site, this can increase your search rankings. Subject to its own set of rules and regulations in search engine algorithms, link building must be done carefully by a knowledgeable SEO expert.
What Do We Look At In A Website Audit For Google's Local Pack?
Through our local SEO audit, Conversion Metrics looks at the following issues in a local SEO audit:
- Filtered out Google My Business Listings – Google can filter listings out of Google Maps. This can especially happen when multiple businesses are in one location that are the same type of business.
- Duplicate and unverified Google My Business (GMB) pages – Frequently, businesses have failed to claim or verify their GMB profile. This is an opportunity you cannot afford to miss. GMB is an essential vehicle to improve local search rankings. Additionally, if there are multiple GMB profiles for the same business, those profiles must be merged.
- Un-optimized or incorrectly optimized GMB listings – Businesses must take advantage of everything GMB offers to optimize your business. This includes listing under the appropriate categories for your industry and completing all sections of the profile. The introduction section can and should be linked to your webpage.
- No interior, exterior, or team pictures in GMB profile – Having the right images in your GMB profile is a crucial piece of local SEO. You want to include pictures of the interior and exterior of your building for identification and to promote your welcoming environment. Photos of your team are also helpful, as they can be linked to bios on your website.
- No engagement from relevant communities to GMB page – When other businesses in your niche interact with your GMB profile, this increases your visibility and authority. We share product specific content with Google communities in your niche to drive engagement and social shares of your GMB content.
- No Google Maps reviews – Both consumers and search engine algorithms want to see reviews on your GMB profile. We train your team on the best ways to request local reviews from your customers.
- No or Few Business Citations – Business citations are listings of your businesses NAP Data (name, address and phone). Familiar sites that provide business citations are Yelp, Yellow Pages, and Super Pages. Business citations provide reviews, links, location information, business categories. During a local SEO audit, we look at the ranking competition’s business citation profile and compare it to your site’s. This evaluation can bring to light whether your website is optimized for the correct categories, if your site is targeting the business citations that are helping your competition rank over you and can help identify new business citation opportunities.
Matt Hepburn has done such a fantastic job on our local campaigns in Santa Barbara and Ventura. We rank either A, B or C in these local areas. We have been so impressed with his expertise that we have given him the tough job in the highly competitive area of Oxnard, CA to boost our local campaign in that area. Thank you Matt! Five highly deserved stars.
I've known and worked with Matt for almost 8 years. He is very thorough in his approach to SEO and lead generation. If you can work with Matt and have confidence that you are hiring the best.
Conversion Metrics is our go-to source for getting great articles written in a timely and professional manner. Our needs are pretty diverse and Conversion Metrics always works with us to ensure each piece exceeds our expectations. I would highly recommend them for all of your writing needs!!!
Just one simple tweak Matt advised made my website visibility jump 10 fold. I'm now getting more visitors thanks to his advice. Thanks Matt!